The Montgomery Chapel contains the mortal remains of Alexander
. He was a major patron of the
San Francisco Theological Seminary
during the late eighteen hundreds. Alexander Montgomery died in 1893. Because the chapel
was not finished at that time, his remains were interred at Laurel Hill Cemetery, San Francisco. Only during 1897 after the chapel was completed, were his remains transfered to the vault in the chapel.
The Chapel is connected by a very short Loggia (breezeway) to Montague Hall. The beautiful Montgomery Chapel and Montague Hall may be rented for weddings, etc. The chapel is located at the corner of Richmond Road and Bolinas Avenue in San Anselmo, California.